Wednesday, March 18, 2009

TRUSTING THE LORD

How do I begin???? About 6 months ago, we started seriously planning to settle down in one spot. We prayed for God to lead us, and waited, and waited, and waited... (I'm sure you know how that goes)..
My precious mother had been asking us to come home to her.. she needed us nearby. I wasn't sure about this, as in earlier life, our relationship was not the best. I was always daddy's girl and rebeled against my mom's strictness.
After dad died, I was so lost, but began to build a relationship with my mom.. I still rebeled against her telling me what time I should be home in my own house...LOL. We became close, but she was still very distant with anyone I was with. Never including them in any holidays or get togethers. It was very stressful for me.
I moved away to Kansas, and she moved to North Carolina. I visited as often as I could, and I missed her terribly. I met Susan and we began traveling..... after our first job in Pittsburg we ended up staying with her for 3 months. She fell in love with Susan and Micah, and ever since then, has wanted us to come there to live.
I felt this was the right thing to do, but didn't want to take Susan away from her family in Kansas. She kept telling me we needed to go to NC and I kept telling her we needed to settle half way between.
I had been working on my resume and searching for jobs. I had talked with my best friend Terri, who is in Management with Motel 6, and she urged me to apply. With the economy, I was really worried.
After 6 weeks of battling with the location, and without a job lined up, we decided that God was leading us to NC.
Once we made that decision, the doors began to swing open. Mom wanted us to just stay with her and look for jobs and then get a place to live. Instead, God opened an apartment across the road from her... OK now we had a place to live, close to mom, and now I wanted a job where I could support my family and Susan could take a break and stay home with Micah. (Unknown to me, God had already revealed to Susan that this was going to happen)LOL
It got down to 2 weeks before we leave, and I had put out numerous resume's, and nothing. I was really beginning to sweat. During that last 2 weeks I had a reoccuring dream and it invaded my daily thoughts as well. I was going to be at Motel 6 in an upper mgmt position. This was so my dream, but I hadn't heard anything back since I sent my resume 2 months ago. It's now Firday, 1 week before we leave and the phone rings...its Motel 6.. they have two positions they would like me to look at and choose. One was a Gen Manager in Pinehurst NC (too far from mom) and the other was a Relief Manager for the State of NC. I told her I was definately interested in the RM position as it was 3 days away and 4 days home.
She said she would set up an interview with the Dist. Mgr. in NC after I got there, and then I would also have a phone interview. I was excited and knew it would happen in NC.
Then, I got a phone call today, (Wed.) and it was my phone interview... it went wonderfully and ended so positive. (He's a NC boy...LOL) Raised in Salisbury. (I'm not sure I spelled that right)
I learn on a daily basis to Lean on the Lord and trust in Him. He opened the doors at just the right time.

No comments: